Can you go a day without sugar?

I mean like candy, dessert, sugary cereal, cream in your coffee, soda etc. I'm going to try tomorrow..

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 2:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can do it but I tend to get grumpier as the day goes on. I have cut 90% of sweets out of my day so far and I've been using splenda instead of real sugar.
    Anonymous

• I don't know... wanna try it together? O wait, can I have sweet-n-low?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Sure! lol, but no intentional sweets, like you can't add anything sweet to anything. If you eat a fruit that's fine but no sugar creams candies desserts sodas.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think that i could if i really wanted to, but i love sweets so i dont want to try!!!!
    Tarina92

Answer by Tarina92 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I need sugar in my coffee at least. and my ice tea. Except for that, I could probably go a day with out any other sweets. I could use Splenda in those if I had to, it wouldn't bother me.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I could. I enjoy drinking water, unsweet tea. Does that mean no breads or sauces/marinades on meat though? Breads have sugar added to them, and so do sauces that are made with High fructose corn syrup. I think I could do it though. Egg white omelet with mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast, fruit for snacks, salad with balsamic vinegar and tuna for lunch, steak, potato and vegetables for dinner. Definitely could do that day lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Okay....considering I have a couple of pounds that I need to drop and water is the only thing that keeps me from grabbing the *Snowballs or fudgecakes.... I'll try it tomorrow.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think I can but as the day goes by some how sugar just sneaks in no matter what you eat you can eat something thinking it doesn't have sugar and some how you eat it with out knowing.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Sure, a day sugarfree . . NO PROBLEM!! The question for me is . . . can I go a day without salt .. . . HELL NO . . . this is why I buy the No Salt . . . which is Potassium Chloride instead of Sodium Chloride, but tastes the same.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• yea, I know just not directly going to the sugar like desserts or anything you know is really sugary.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009