MY FINGERS ARE CRAKED OPEN FROM WASHING THEM SO MUCH, HOW CAN I FIX IT, THEY HURT SOO BAD!!

KALYNNANDJOSEPH

Asked by KALYNNANDJOSEPH at 2:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• You can probablly put lotion on them everyday and eventually it will go away!!!!
    Tarina92

Answer by Tarina92 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• lotion up heavy and then take a hot washcloth and wrap hands in it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• When mine get really bad I use Aquaphor lotion. I put it on really thick and put on cotton gloves or avoid touching anything for a while. If they are cracked I might also add a little antibiotic ointment to the cracks.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have the exact same problem I just keep lotion on hand even if I just washed my hands but just the other night I was putting some "Carmax" for my lips and I said HMMM! I wonder if this would work so I dabbed some on my reddish cut up cracked  hands and woke up with them feeling alot better..so I would try this I know it will worked forme.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Oh and try not to use hot water on your hands I believe that is the culprit, use cool water
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have this same problem. Mine is worse in the winter, I get eczema on my hands and the more i was them (which I am like OCD with washing my hands lol), the worse they get. They get cracked and really sore. I have to put on Vaseline intensive care lotion and put on some non-latex gloves. I always make sure to put lotion on my hands right after washing them, or right before goin to bed too. If it gets too bad, go to your doctor and he can give you some prescription cream for it too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• use lotion after you wash your hands EVERY Time. Any lotion will work.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 4:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My older students told me to put vaseline or.. what is it called... udder balm?... on them at night and wear old socks over them while in bed and that this would help. I haven't tried it yet but probably shall. If your fingertips are splitting, glue the splits together with a liquid bandage- it works great. And after each handwash use a thick creamy lotion.

Answer by Bmat at 4:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Try Renew lotion. it works best for my cracked dry skin. Iam anurse and I wash my hands all the time at work. My hands would crack and bleed. I keep this lotion with me all the time. You can't buy this from the store though. PM me if nothing works and I would be happy to give you the info.
    GigglesRN69

Answer by GigglesRN69 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009