Question for ex-smokers

Do you ever sometimes forget that you quit smoking? Like I could be doing my chores and think to myself alright after this I'm going to go have myself a smoke aaaaah. And then you suddenly remember you don't smoke anymore??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I've really stopped even wanting them...it has been about 4 years since I smoked though, I don't know how recently you stopped.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I dont even think about it anymore. It will be a year this month that i quit and its the best thing i ever did. I cant stand the smell and cant believe it use to smell that bad.
    Desilou73

Answer by Desilou73 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I only ever want a cigarette when I am drinking. On a regular basis, they don't even cross my mind. My mom always says "I could smoke a cigarette" . . . she quit smoking when I was 12, and I'm 30. I suppose for some people it is always there, but good for you that you quit!! That's great!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• oh yeah.. i had that too, many times. its totally strange ;) but now i smoke again :((
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Nope, THANK GOD! But I do crave them every now and then... especially if it is summer time and I am just sitting around not doing much of anything. But then on days like today where it is FREEZING I am glad I am not freezing my butt off for one of those stupid cancer sticks.

MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2009