Waiting for the doc to call... Help please!

My 8 month old baby girl's feet are purple. They're pretty cold. They are always a bit purple, but they are really dark. She is acting fine, breathing fine, etc... I paged the doc to call me, but I am still waiting. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 2:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know if this will help you, but my daughter's feet were always purple at that age too. Some days they were more purple than others and it always bothered me a little. And you know what happened? Nothing. She outgrew it. I think it's pretty common. Just keep her little piggies warm. I'm sure she's fine, but it never hurts to ask the doc anyway :)

Good luck!
    mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 2:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Thanks, yeah, I kinda always just have it in the back of my head, but today they are pretty dark. I will let you know what I find out. Its probably nothing like you said :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I remember this happening to my kids. I would just warm her feet up and rub them. If it happens frequently then I would just take her in and discuss it during one of her appointments to rule out any underlying problems.

The doctor really is not going to do/say anything on a Saturday besides "take her to the ER if it's an emergency." I really don't feel it is an emergency though.

My son was just at Taco Bell drinking a lemonade that made him cold enough his lips turned dark purple !!!
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• soak her feet in warm water see if it changes the color. My daughter had this problem as well we just warmed her feet, my 8month old son rarely has this is and sometmes they do turn dark purple it is poor circulation, try moving her feet around and getting her legs goin that shuld help as well.
    momof3blue1pink

Answer by momof3blue1pink at 4:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2009