IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME FIND A WAY TO GET BUSSNESS TO DONATE PROM DRESSES FOR HANDICAP YOUND LADYS?? I RUN A PROM DRESS DONATION FOR HANDICAP YOUNG LADIES AND AM IN NEED OF PROM DRESSES. CAN ANY ONE HELP???

I HAVE A HANDICAP DAUGHTER SHE IS 23 YEARS OLD AND LAST YEAR AT THEIR PROM THERE WAS ALOT OF YOUNG LADYS THAT DIDN'T HAVE A PROM DRESS. SO I STARTED UP DRESSES FOR DREAMS. I COULD USE ANY HELP IN GETTING PROM DRESSES FOR THE YOUNG LADIES.

MOMACHAR

Asked by MOMACHAR at 2:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• TRY THE SALVATION ARMY. YOU WONT GET MUCH HELP ON HERE I ALREADY TRYED FOR A DIFFERENT CAUSE.
    Anonymous

• You need to contact the local highschools and ask that several clubs participate in the program to bring in last years prom dresses for donation. I think that you'd get a good response. I'd also try talking to some wedding coordinators in the area to see if they'd promote your cause to the Bridesmaids of the weddings they do. Who wears a bridesmaid dress twice?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Contact local high schools. You could do something where if they donate they get $10 off prom ticket. Most girls go 2-3 years of high school but you don't want to wear the same dress twice. I would try to also make a community meeting or fund raiser. If you can get a local radio station to come out and tell them all about what you have going on and they will alot of times come down, do a live broadcast, tell people about it, a give out free stuff to bring people out. Alot is also about publisity so i would make sure to call everyone you know, email ever news station, radio station, news paper...becuase even just a mention will get people talking.

Also, their is a charity called beccas closet that is pretty muc hthe same as what you are doing if you do not have a local chapter youcould set one up.
    coltonsmum523

Answer by coltonsmum523 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009