BABY SLEEPING PROBLEMS

I'm a mom of a wonderful 5 month old baby girl. Recently her sleep pattern has been changing. She used to sleep throughout the night and I would have to wake her up for feedings. Now, she wakes up several times a night and sometimes won't go back to sleep for awhile. I do breastfeeding with only one bottle feeding at night. I have heard of some people saying its best to just leave the child in the crib and they will go back to sleep, but I feel guilty doing that. It's like I'm abandoning her. So if anyone can help with sleep techniques they've tried or advice they've received that has helped them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

reyansmom

Asked by reyansmom at 2:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• without being mean or bashing: thats what you get for waking up a sleeping baby :-/

NEVER ever wake up a sleeping baby. They will wake up when they are hungry.

let her cry for a few minutes. dont wake her up just because u fell like feeding her. if you get lucky she will go right back to sleep.

good luck!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It might just be a new part of the babies habits but i'd call the doctor and take her in just in case..sometimes a change in sleeping patterns could be a sign that something is wrong..
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I've never woken up a sleeping baby (on purpose), for obvious reasons. Baby's sleep when they have to. BUT, when a baby does wake up crying, let it cry a couple minutes, sometimes it's just stirring in it's sleep and will doze off just as quickly. I really hated my own babies crying, so I would just rub their backs hoping to help them back to sleep. Sometimes I would just rock them. I believe that babies also dream and that can cause sleep disturbances. There's nothing like a warm Mommy holding, cuddling and comforting a baby.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My DD slept through the night from 2 weeks to 6 months old, then started waking several times a night due to teething. Could that be the problem with your DD? If so, you may just have to comfort her and offer pain relief as necessary. I can't let my DD cry it out, so I'm no help there.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• first, it's normal for babies sleep patterns to change. why? IDK...but it is...lol

second, I would play a CD quietly near my kids, and they would fall back asleep.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 4:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009