• In the Spotlight:

Should I call the hospital?

I've been feeling pretty bad the past couple days and my bowel movements have been green, then today i noticed my discharge is watery and clear instead of whitish or thick..my obs office is closed on weekends and i don't want to be a bother calling the hospital for not real reason. What do you think? Is it normal or should I call...its not a trickle so i don't want to jump to conclusions and think its my water breaking..im 38 weeks

mamatobe1989

Asked by mamatobe1989 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds normal to me. If you just absolutely feel like sh*t, I would call your OB office and set up an appt, but it sounds normal.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• when I was leaking amniotic fluid it was very runny, as in like WATER, and it was tinged pink when I wiped it with white toilette tissue. I don't think you can confuse "discharge" and water....

I think you're ok. Does your OB have an answering service or paging system on weekends? It's not like babies are only delivered on weekdays lol. If you're seriously worried, call. But I think you're fine.

mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 3:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• id call to be on the safe side
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i would call the L&D department at the hospital and ask them. they deal with these questions all the time. it's their job! GL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 7:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I would definetly call or go in.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2009