how do i potty train my 2 year old son?

he will pee in the toilet sometimes but he rather just run around naked if i let him. he doesnt like it when i change him so i tell him he need to tell me when he has to go so i can take him to the bathroom, but he wont. he will run from me when i tell him that he needs to be changed. what can i do? i want him to go to preschool soon. please help me. i need to figure out how to potty train so that i only have to change his baby sisters diaper not both of them.

mrs.shyness

Asked by mrs.shyness at 3:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Plenty won't like my answer, some will laugh and others will be mortified.... I don't care. My oldest trained by going out and peeing off the porch. No, not the front porch, the back porch. He didn't want to train, so we made a game of it.... he knew when he had to go and I knew he knew... the only way to get him to fess up was for it to be fun..... so we let him pee off the porch (only at home).... but he had so much fun with it that normal trips to the bathroom in stores, malls and friends houses wasn't a big deal anymore.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2009