Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i be charged with child support in two counties I paid it in butte county and in woodland

Answer Question

Asked by IrenTalamantes at 8:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2012 in Adoption

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Please call me at (916) 470-4883 My children were taken by cps and then 3 were adopted 4 boys 2 girls 3 boys were adopted

    Comment by IrenTalamantes (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

  • Hon,don't give your phone number to strangers

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

  • I hope you find some answers... .but you are a fool to post your phone # in an open forum.... have some one PM you if you want... but this is FOOLISH!!


    Answer by Crafty26 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

  • what are you actually talking about ? If your kids are in foster care in seperate counties then YES you will ahve to pay support for both
    if 3 were adopted- you dotn pay support for them
    just the 3 that are in the system

    but yeah get your number off of HERE

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

  • Where I am from, you pay child support in the county the person starts the case in. So if you have separate child support cases for each of the children, and the cases were filed in different counties, you would pay to two counties. You won't be paying "double support" if that is what you mean...just because it is two counties doesn't mean you're getting charged twice, just that you have cases in two counties.

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.