baby diaper rash?

my 8 month old has a severe diaper rash. He has them often and most of the time it is a yeast infection not a diaper rash(and yes baby boys get yeast infections) but right now it has gotten so raw it hurts him and he screams when I change his diaper, does anybody have any at home or over the counter remedies that they can suggest for him? We already let him air out for a bitin between changings, and Desitin does not touch this type of rash, we put powedr on his bottom, what else can we do?

momof3blue1pink

Asked by momof3blue1pink at 3:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like Beudreaux's Butt Paste. A warm bath might help too.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my doctor reccomended something that is usually used for althetes foot and jock itch for my daughter and it worked wonders. hold on let me see if i can find it so i can tell you what it is okay it is clotrimazole. it works
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I coat my daughter's rear end in vaseline before bed...she sleeps for about 12 hours at night and sitting in the wetness all night tends to cause her to get diaper rash. *Make sure you let him thoroughly dry out before applying it though...it locks moisture out but it can also lock it in. =)

*Also...could it be food related? Sometimes if a child has a sensitivity to a certain food it can come in the form of diaper rash. When my daughter eats too many berries...she gets a diaper rash.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• nyistatin cream or triple paste .you dont wanna use corn starch baby powder that only feeds the yeast infection
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Just use anti fungal cus my son gets them alot and that is what i use. I get the gerneric kind cus it works just as good. If you have a wal-mart use their brand.
    heatherplanck

Answer by heatherplanck at 6:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2009