For Christians again a what do you do ?

When you see someone that is acting very UNChristian what do you do or say. This could be in person, or online. Your thoughts?

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 1:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont say anything if I dont know them especially if it is just online. In person I try to give loving advice, usually when someone I love is acting like that there is a reason or something going on in their life to make them act unchristian. I try to help them through whatever and be totally honest with them. A good bit of my family and friends aren't Christian and all I can do it be there for them and show them how God has been there for me and how they can change their lives.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Depends. If they have been claiming to be Christian I will either call them on it or PM them, just depends on how things are flowing at the moment and if it would add or hender the discussion to say something. I also look at how it will look to others reading. If they have made no claim to be Christian I tend to let it go, unless they are just overboard.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• This question is shocking coming from you. Because I've seen some very UNChristian behavior from you durning the last few days.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous, I'm afraid that I disagree. Of all of the posters on MM's threads, motivesmom was one of the few who gave well-reasoned answers that I believe were respectful. While she did question where we saw hatred, when it was pointed out, she admitted that some of the posters were out of line.

all in all, my belief is that motivesmom tried her best to be an excellent example of her faith, and was hurt by insinuation that she was anything else.

I was one of the most prolific posters on muslimmom's side on the "why all the hate" thread, and I did a lot of reading that day, LOL! Please take another look at the threads. I don't think there's anything to bash this lady about

She and I may not be of the same faith, but I think her moral fiber is excellent!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Pray for them.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• oops...not a christian here. Hope it was okay to post anyhow - you didn't deserve that one!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I ask them why they are acting that way. Even if I don't knoew them. They may be hurting or have other problems that maybe I can help with.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 3:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I agree pray for them
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 4:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Let me make sure I have the question correct. You want Christians to answer but we don't know if the person in question who is acting non-christian is a Christian. is that correct? If so, wouldn't praying for them possibly disrespect their free will to be non-christian? Who are we to disrespect someone else's belief? Also, if they are not Christians wouldn't it be reasonable to think they would act non-Christian? Now I'm wondering that just the act of thinking they are acting non Christian might be judging on our part. It all gets complicated doesn't it? personally I'd just pray for myself and ask God to handle others!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• "If so, wouldn't praying for them possibly disrespect their free will to be non-christian?"

How would it do that? No one is forcing them to believe and give up their free will or choice. They still have the free will to reject any proding of the Holy Spirit.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 5:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008