Never let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Do your kids lie just to lie?

My daughter is 3 and my dad calls her all the time. He will ask her questions about her day and she will just make things up to have something to talk about. It's never anything significant though...he will say "Did you eat lunch yet" and even if she hasn't she will say she has and go on to tell him what it was she ate and if it was good or not. She will tell him she had friends over even if she hasn't...just anything to make conversation. Lol...its innocent NOW, but what about later! lol

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My kids tease me all the time, but not really out and out lying. They can't even try because I can see them contemplating it at times and they just know they'll get busted on it. LOL They inherited the bad lying gene from me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yeah you don't want to stifle her creativity, but on the other hand you don't want her to think it is OK to lie. What we did was to listen to the story and then laugh and hug and say that was a really funny, or interesting, or whatever, story.

Answer by Bmat at 4:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• aww thats so cute tho!!! lol..whenever my daughter (4) talks on the phone, she doesnt say anything!! you could ask her a question, and all she'll say is I DONT KNOW, or she'll just keep saying HELLLO?????!!!!!! unless shes talkin to me while im at work, but with everyone else she doesnt..and i think its hilarious, because she does that to her dad too, and then he gets so frustrated..and then it makes me happy, because i hate him..hahahahahahaha!! or she'll get on the phone with him, say HI, then ok night night dad bye...and hang up..its funny!! (for me) i mean i dont encourage her to act that way, i hide my happiness..i do tell her she needs to talk to him more, but she doesnt want to..so..im not gonna force her!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Lies come so easily out of my 15 year old's mouth that she doesn't even know it!
    I don't know the wiring in her brain is on the fritz or just crossed, but it is scary.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009