i want to lose weight but dont wanna take pills any i deas/

i have worked out and it didnt work that great i have tried everything and nothing seems to work ive dances kick boxing eating right any ideas

ONLY_MY_SON

Asked by ONLY_MY_SON at 3:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• google the Scarsdale Diet. It works great for my family.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 4:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• How long did you keep it up? I really can't recommend anything other than eating right and working out. If you honestly stick with it and are diligent eventually you will see results.

Another thing to consider is your body may be built to be a little chubbier than skinny...you know?

Pills, diets, drinks...all those are quick fixes that will not work in the long run. THe ONLY thing that will work is a change in lifestyle...and sticking to it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• There are two things that can make you lose weight...exercising more or eating less. It sounds like you've got the exercise under control...now you need to watch what you eat. I am currently on Jenny Craig's program. I really like it because it tastes good, it is convenient and I've learned a lot about portion control. The quantities of food I was eating before never seemed like a lot but now I realize what I was doing wrong. (A balanced diet is key as well...I wasn't eating nearly enough fruits, veggies or dairy before). The food is expensive...but now that I know what to look for...I'm starting to replace Jenny food with "real" food.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• If you have worked out and that didn't work, and you are eating right, my next question would be When is your first meal of the day?
    You must eat breakfast and preferably something that has some protein and fibre. It can be as simple as cheerios.
    How often do you eat?
    If you eat small amounts every 2 hours you can speed up your metabolism.
    Do you eat after 6 or 7pm?
    If you eat later it should be your lightest meal of the day as that is the meal you are least likely to burn off. Unless you do shift work, but you get the idea.
    What are your portion sizes like?
    Take what you think you want to eat and take a 1/3 away, especially if it is meat, chicken etc.
    Or if you want a foot long subway, get the 6 inch and add more salad to it.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• (cont)
    Do you crave sugar?
    If so, you might want to keep a food diary and see how many extra calories you are eating a day.
    If all that makes no difference and you are excercising then I would get your Thyroid checked. An underactive thyroid can cause weight gain, over active weight loss. An endocrynologist is best as sometimes you will be in range but they can see the big picture better than a GP.
    I eat Arbonne's weight loss chews to help me with my sugar cravings. http://www.try.myarbonne.com

Goodluck.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I asked a few questions here (i was anonymous tho lol) on how to get fit...and the best answers were, get off your butt, exercise and eat RIGHT. Change your lifestyle and you will be fine. And I did. I started a week ago and I've lost 8 lbs. I'm on a 1200 cal a day diet (tough thing to do) and I exercise 5x week (sometimes twice a day depending on how I feel). And its working! And I didn't have to buy any pills!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I just saw a show were people talked about worked for them. I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week and it works for me. But on the show people took up biking and some walking and stuke with it. You just have to find something you like to do and keep doing it and with time it will happen.
    Anonymous

• Eat Organic Chocolate. You can lose up to 1 pound a day. PM me for more information.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 9:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Google Tammy Vanwisse website , she owns a world record in long distance swimming and she has a very interesting story on how she keeps her energy and loose weight. PM me for more information
    GigglesRN69

Answer by GigglesRN69 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Not all pills are bad.I didn't want to take any either but the exercising and dieting just didn't give me the results I wanted. I researched lots of diet pills and I didnt want to take anything that would harm me. Since August ive lost 48lbs of the baby weight i packed on. I am proud of myself but the pill I chose was proactol because of how natural it was, and how there were little to no side effects. Maybe u can get a discount or something if i refer you. I hope you get the results you are looking for. I am a walking testimony. Now i eat everything I used to eat b4 having aujiyah and i have the body i had before her also. I just added more water to my diet once i lost the weight and I also eat 6 times a day. My 3 meals halved. because your food digests better that way (properly)

Take a look at proactol
    rockamore1

Answer by rockamore1 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009