Is baby vicks vapor rub okay to use?

My mom said it can cause pnemonia I used it on my two year old the other night to help her with her cough.She is very congested and when she coughs she throws up.

goingbanannas

Asked by goingbanannas at 4:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• yeah it is I think just not too much
    Lucky120

Answer by Lucky120 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• in moderation
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• yes it's totally safe. we rub a little under our daughters nose and on her chest at bedtime.my grandmother does always warn never to put it on them while going outside.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 5:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• We put it on my DD's feet. Works great and it didn't upset her as bad as having to breathe in the menthol smell.
    Anonymous

• It's okay to use it when you're not going out but make sure to completely wash it off before she goes out in the cold because then it will cause pnemonia (dr told me that)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009