IUD and Bleeding

I know its normal to bleed after having the IUD put in and I know with the Mirena(which is what I have) you can spot for 90 days, but can you use tampons if you bleed heavy enough? Or is it like after you have the baby and cant use them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my Mirena put in when my daughter was 6 weeks old. I bled like a stuck pig and there was no way I could even wear a tampon. It was horrible! But I must say, my daughter is now 2 1/2 and I havent had a period in over 2 years! WOOT! Lovin it!!!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 4:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have the Mirena and use tampons every month.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I bled for 12 weeks after getting my Mirena and I used tampons when I needed to but mine wasn't ever heavy enough for that, it was mainly just spotting
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yes, mine is just spotting. I haven't had a period since before I got pregnant. I thought this was strange, the rest of you aren't getting periods either? I barely have enough for a mini pad, it's usually just a little blood when I pee.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009