What was your New Year's resolution and how are you doing with it so far?

My goal was to be less wasteful in general, but especially with food. I have been doing alright so far, but still not to where I want to be! I've been trying to "cook for two" to eliminate leftovers, plan meals ahead so when I do have leftover meat or ingredients they go into the next meal, and eating the unavoidable leftovers for lunch...still gotta work on it!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My Goal is: To earn enough money to be able to stay home with my kids and to go back to Sydney and see my family.

How am I going? Right on target.  I am aiming for my first promotion by the end of January.  Cancun in October and if I continue at the same pace, Sydney in December.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Not to say anything I will feel sorry for later, and to stop making excuses. So far I have done both consistently
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 4:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have lots of resolutions, but my main one is to lose weight! I've lost 10 lbs in 17 days! Not too shabby!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My self-motivational challenges are (sounds better, don't you think? LOL) to get our budget on track by obtaining a part time job and to finish my college degree with a 4.0 GPA and to obtain my certification so I can get my career on the road!

I'm having a hard time finding any job at all (economy is bad here), our budget is in the hole (extremely bad), I'm maintaining my 4.0 GPA (but it doesn't put food on the table), and I can't move on to the last challenge until I graduate in March.

So I'm about 1 out of 4. :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• drink more water (ive drank at least 16oz of water everyday since. i use to drink none!)
    drink less diet coke (ive had only 3 per week since new years)
    exercise more (4 times a week for 30 mins every week since new years)
    meditate for at least 10 mins (this one im having a hard time w/. i just feel so selfish taking time to myself & im usually to tired to do it.)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009