What should I do if I am walking around and get dizzy and lightheaded?

I am 30 weeks prego almost 31 weeks, I have called the doctor however just waiting to hear from him takes so long. And I am worried. Thanks

geistans

Asked by geistans at 4:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• I went to L&D last night, I was so dizzy and I couldn't take the room spinning anymore. I found out that my blood pressure was low and that I was dehydrated. Which was totally weird because I drink alot of water, well the nurses there told me to drink powerade or gaterade. The baby is fine, great heart beat and everything.
    geistans

Answer by geistans at 11:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i would say call the doc but you already did that maybe go to the er
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Well, first make sure you don't fall. If needed just lay down on your side and wait for his call. Sip fluids until then too. It's possible you are dehydrated. Stay away from anything caffinated (you should be anyway), stick with water or gatorade.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It sounds like your blood sugar might be low. This happened to me quite a bit towards the end. I usually just had some juice and sat down for awhile. That seemed to help me. I hope you hear back from him soon!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I hope you hear soon. If it goes on too long have someone take you to an urgent care center.

Answer by Bmat at 4:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I will try the drinking some juice to see if it could be my blood sugar. And if that doesn't help I think I will be going to the hostipal. Thanks for the answers everyone.
    geistans

Answer by geistans at 4:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I would say sit down.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I was going to say sugar levels too. That happened to me during pregnancy. I kept those bite size candy bars everywhere (I was diabetic but it would drop really low in the am and was hard to keep down through the day). How was your glucose test? I think they do them at about 24 wk checkup but it's been a while for me. Ask what the number is. A lot of people don't ask, just go by what dr says but not all dr's worry if it's close to "not normal". I'd think one of two things tho... sugar or blood pressure. Let us know what the dr says please
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my doctor told me to just get off my feet and get rest, which doesn't help me out at all because I have young kids to take care of. The doctor hasn't had me do the glucose test yet. I was thinking that it should have already been done. The juice helped a little bit, however I called my old obgyn doctor just in cause. (Cuz this doctor has alot of patients I am worried that he is confusing me with another person.) She told me if it happens again while I am walking then I should go to L&D.
    geistans

Answer by geistans at 12:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2009