Does you period make you tired? adult content

I had my Mirena removed recently, but it took 7 weeks for my to get my period. It's very inconsistent as well. I'll bleed a lot and then none at all for the rest of the day. This is my first period in 4 years and I just don't remember feeling so tired in the past. I know I should remember as I first got my period at 10 and had it until 29...(although it was always irregular), but I just don't remember. Today, I sat down on the couch with my daughter as she was falling asleep for a nap and then I woke up 1 1/2 hrs later. I NEVER do that. I do also have a bit of a cold, but not bad enough to make me sleep like that. Is this a common thing for anyone else to get very fatigued with your period? I just feel so drained....not even hungry. I had to force myself to eat something. Thanks.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2012 in Health

• I am 44... I have only used bc for a very short time in my 20s.
    EVERY month I have one day where Im asleep between 6:30-7:30... and am down for the night.

it is usually right before my period starts or with in the first day.
    Anonymous

• YES- the first day or two all I want to do is sleep! and I have not used birth control in over 20 yrs
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

• yep, i always feel very fatigued and worn down during my period, i try and drink LOTS of water and get some fresh air/exercise and that seems to help but I usually nap for a couple hours at least ONE day during my period and go to bed earlier too, it makes me very grouchy as well cause i'm so worn down :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

• Ya, it does. I take Iron to help with that. Eating good healthy food really helps a lot too, when I'm PMSing I usually crave really bad foods, and they make me tired, like too much sugar, carbs, ect.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

• Honestly, I do get like that sometimes, but if I completely fell asleep, I would be taking a pregnancy test, because it is one of my first symptoms.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

• Yes. I find taking an extra multivitamin while for about a week before my period starts and then about 2 days into it I go back to one a day helps with the excess fatigue. I hope you start to feel better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2012