What to pack?

So i've decided on driving to Tx instead of flying. it will be way cheaper that way. i'm going to invest in a dvd player for my 22 mth old, and i think the 5 mnth old should be fine. she might sleep most of the way. I might be staying there for a month (i'm visiting a friend). she has a baby just a couple months younger than my 5 mnth old, so she has the swing, excersaucer, ect. but i'm trying to figure out if there is anything else i should bring. i may bring a toybox for my ds, so he can be occupied while we're there too. does anyone have any ideas of what else i should bring? (oh yeah i'm bringing my baby gate cuz they have stairs and ds likes to climbs stairs. lol.) thanks

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Travel

• The biggest thing is keeping them occupied in the car. Don't forget the playpen for your baby to sleep in either. But otherwise I think other than basic necessities you should be just fine.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Stop at McDonalds on the way alot. The playplaces are life savers! He'll need breaks to run around and you need him to be safe while he does it. Good luck, I'd try to map out those Mickey D's if I were you!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Water bottles to make bottles up with. be stocked with food for baby and snacks for 22month. toys are good idea.. maybe a cool sing along dvd. cellphone in case the car breaks down. enough diapers, wipes, etc. extra clothes that are within reach for accidents. pacifiers if needed. make sure to make enough stop to stretch out. have fun.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2009