Surgery Advice

Anyone ever had L3 L4 back surgery? What should I expect?

shortcakemama2

Asked by shortcakemama2 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• I've had L4/L5 surgery done. It was a micro discectomy in Feb 2006. It's almost been 3 years, and I wouldn't change the outcome for the world! I couldn't pick up my daughter or do simple housework before the surgery and now I can move pretty much anything I want to again, I was even able to start running again after not being able to for 5 years.

It took about 6months-1 year before I really felt good. I still had pain after the surgery, but within about 4-6 weeks, I was able to get up and around the house again.

Good luck to you, I hope it's as successful for you as it was for me.

gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Just like any kind of surgery, post operation care is the best thing you need. Better consult your doctor to avoid any kind of complication. See also DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 2:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2012