implantation

sorry if this is a little long. I have PCOS and am on Femara to ovulate. I get blood work done everymonth, and have ovulated every month on cd 15 or 16. my cycles are 32 days apart. i had my last period December 22nd and ovulated on cd 13. positive opk and all ovulation signs on cd 12. so a little early. 7dpo i wound up in the hospital, i had an ovarian cyst rupture. the blood test was - for pregnancy. it is now 14dpo, honestly dont know when my period is due since i ovulated early,i am on cycle day 27. i had a drs appt on the 14th, and he said everything looked good and i still had a chance to get pregnant this cycle. my question is, if the egg does implant,could it have already implanted and not be seen on ultrasound 3 days ago,or is it too late now? i have no pregnancy symptoms,just feeling like im going to be sick the last day or so,other than that nothing. thank you in advance :)

colesmommy02

Asked by colesmommy02 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Even if you ovulate early, your period should still show up around 14dpo. Normal luteal phases are anywhere from 10-16 days for most people, some go 18 days. If your period does not show up in the next few days, then take a test. Good luck.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Well, if you have regular 32 day cycles and o usually takes place on day 15 or 16, that means you usually have 16 to 17 day long luteal phases. (32-16=16 or 32-15=17)

So, if you ovulated on January 4th this month (cd 13), you would add 16/17 to that day and your period would then be due on January 20th/or 21st.

The luteal phase doesn't change more than a day in either direction unless you take clomid, which can lengthen it. (IDK about femera, maybe google it?) Anyway, your luteal phase isn't affected by stress or illness like Ovulation is, so it should be consistant with last month..if you were on femera last month too:)

As far as pregnancy, implantaion usually takes place 7 to 10 days after o so you do still have a chance an egg was safely implanted after your fiasco.

Hope this helps you relax a little! GL getting pg!
    Mickey37

Answer by Mickey37 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009