what can i do

what can i do about a kid who dont like ot be in the living room constantly id let him explore the house but the last time i tryed he hurt him self so im scared to do that agian and it is too cold out for him to go outside and this is not a question where i want people to "judge me" TY he is a 14 month old kid

nikkicorbett

Asked by nikkicorbett at 5:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put up baby gates and keep him where it is safe. He might get mad at first but he will get used to the boundaries
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I agree. Just block off where you don't want him to go andput everything up that he can get hurt on. The doctor told me it may sound stupid but get on your knees and reach and if you can reach it so can your baby.
    heatherplanck

Answer by heatherplanck at 6:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Is there a hallway that you could close doors and let him push or ride a push toy for a while? You can also go through the house and put things away/child proof it a bit more so he can do some more exploring. Follow him as he explores to pick out trouble spots. Gradually give him more and more access to your house. He'll do lots of exploring in the beginning but eventually will learn that some spots in the house just aren't that exciting and he'll stick to where his toys are. Trust me, I've got two year old twins. They've had access to some of my kitchen cabinets since they could crawl. At first they were always in the cabinets, pulling out the cereal, the tupperware, etc. After a while, they could care less.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009