Was there ever a time that you stopped and realized that your child is growing up right befor your eyes?

We hv a 5 yr old son who is the love of my life, were so close and today the world just stopped for a moment when I realized how quick hes growing. We were grocery shopping and he was staring at something on the wall so my husband went ovr to c what it was and it was a mural of the dallas cowboy cheerleaders lol! He denied looking at them wich was so funny but he told me instead of dad and I said it wasnt a big deal and asked him if he thought they were pretty and he said 1 of them were lol. He always tells me im his gf untill I die then hes gonna marry a pretty girl lmbo! Hes the sweetest and silliest boy! I know that not long from now hel b a grown boy so it was just I made sure 2 hug him extra tight 2n :)

HmschoolingMom

Asked by HmschoolingMom at 11:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• always, it kills me inside..it is really amazing how quickly it happens :(
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

• I noticed it when my son was sitting in front of me and i saw how his body had changed over a few months.
    His shoulders were broader, he was taller, had grown up teeth. It was surreal. It is sad and exciting at the same time. I love seeing the people they are becoming.
    It's so enjoyable to hear their thought on things.
    mythreesons278

Answer by mythreesons278 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

• I always took time to reflect on this. I would watch them playing, with friends, studying, whatever, just to "see" who they were. Nothing thrilled me more than when my oldest would come home from school (high school) and sit with me and chat about his day. Not long chats but very special. And now as a father himself I still "watch" him and marvel. Sappy? maybe.........but he and his brother continue to be the loves of my life. And my youngest has recently told me that even though I don't see him often, he needs me more than I will ever know. So special. I wish for you the same!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2012

• Yup, almost every day. :)

Yesterday we signed my 7 year old for a week of Girl Scout summer camp. It'll be her first time and she's very excited. When I filled out the paper work I had put down "grade for Sept 2012." I caught my breath when I realized I had to enter "3rd grade." When did my *baby* get to be that big?! To add to it, based on some other family plans around that time, my oldest will need to come to work with me one day the week his sister is at camp. When he and I talked about it I said, without thinking, "And it'll be the day before your birthday so we'll do something extra fun between the time I get out of work at 2:30 and we have to pick her up at 4pm." He was very excited about that idea and added "wow! I'll be 10!" Wait. You'll be what?! When did THAT happen?!?!?
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• O yes. I always trip out over the fact that they are growing and are going to continue to grow. Definitely when I look at my oldest who's 13 already. Where does the time go.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Yes my daughter is 5 and she is growing up so quickly. A few months ago I was reading her bedtime stories. About a week ago she announced that from now on, she will read me bedtime stories. And she does, every night.
    dragonfly750

Answer by dragonfly750 at 3:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2012

• Every day. I also have a 5 year old. Sometimes she really surprises me when she walks up behind me on the computer and starts reading off webpages. I'm like "Hey! When did you start reading?" It feels like just yesterday she was a tiny baby.
    AvonSuperMommy

Answer by AvonSuperMommy at 2:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2012