How am i going to "get over it"

My husband cheated and got another woman pregnant while i was pregnant ... he says i need to "get over it" when i asked him how he wanted me to do that he said ..he didnt know but im going to have to. :( Am i wrong for wanting to know details and things about what was going on with him at the time to make him do this and asking things about her... i dont think i am. Im so pissed off right now!!! I hate hate hate men

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I want to know why you are still with him?
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 2:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I think the best way to move on is to move on with your life. He seems like he dont even care about your feelings. I couldnt deal with that. He did you very wrong and you deserve some answers!!!! Maybe you guys could try some counsuling.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I would divorce him.
    You know that now she's pregnant, he is going to have to stay in her life for that child. So she will always be there and you'll have to deal with it. There's no way of getting around it. I could'nt stay with someone like that. Thats a future of problems!
    Anonymous

• You won't ever get over it. It will always, always, ALWAYS be in the back of your mind...("What was it like? Why did he do it? Was she better than me? Does he love her?")

Nah....I would get a divorce and don't look back. But that's my personality.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You won't ever get over it, but you may be able to get passed it. Big difference. And he needs to understand that all the questions and anger are normal steps that lead you to that point. That you're allowed to be angry, and hurt, and disappointed, and all that other stuff.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You may never get over it...and if he doesn't like it then too bad. I would highly recommend counseling for both of you or at least for yourself. I can tell you from experience that it is extremely hard to get over something like that, especially when another child is involved (and child support and visitation, etc.).
    Anonymous

• In understand your heartache... You may be able to forgive him and live with 'it'/ but it you cannot forgive and move on - you may want to think about a split. How are you going to fell everytime he goes out OR is late coming home.. You are going to think of 'what was he doing' 'who was he doing it with'. I've been there and it was hard. I tried to stick with it for a while.. but it just drove me nuts not knowing where/who/when... and i called him all the time and didn't believe him even when he was telling me the truth. we are divorsed now and i have moved on. He is still in our life and a wonderful dad!
    Anonymous

• You don't HAVE to get over it, contrary to what your husband says. That's a big deal, he has to take care of two babies from two different women.

It's grounds for divorce, you don't have to be with him if you don't want to. Plenty of women raise kids on their own!
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 2:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• He has no business being a father if he can't stay faithful to you. You don't have to get over it. He just wants you to forget about HIS mistake...leave him.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I agree with pretty much everything everyone else has said, file for divorce and if he questions you as too why you want the divorce tell him its for the wellbeing of your children and your self and if he say he doesnt understand why tell him to GET OVER IT and move on with his life with out you, it seems he doesnt want to tell you the answers to the questions you have about what went on and why this affair happend so do onto him as he is doing to you. As for the other woman that is now pregnant by him as well the others are right he will never get away from seeing her or being around her because they too now share achild together.
    Anonymous