how long does it take for milk to dry up

i have been pumping since my dd was 7 months old, she is 9 months old now, im gonna start Nuva ring to help with my PCOS and cannot pump on it, so i was wondering how long it will take for my milk to dry up. im only getting 2 oz every 24 hours now.

fairygirl13

Asked by fairygirl13 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take a few days to a few weeks. It depends.

If you want to speed up the process you can make a compress with boiled cabbage. Put the boiled leaves on your breasts and it will help dry up your milk.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Took me about a week. If you are allergic to penicillin or sulfa though DO NOT use cabbage leaves. I forget which one it is, but the cabbage leaves has it in it. So you could have an allergic reaction.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• The doctor tol me that is can take a long time. I did everything that my doctor tol me to and i still have milk coming out and my youngest is 2. She told me that it was nothing to worry about cus it did scare me.
    heatherplanck

Answer by heatherplanck at 6:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• No no no, cold cabbage leaves. Nothing warm or hot. Put the cabbage leaves in your bra and change them often. It really does feel good too. It took me three days.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Krazy I did not know that, thanks for pointing that out.

It says so right in this link.
    http://www.lactationconsultant.info/cabbagecure.html
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• after my first, my milk never really dried up. i couldn't get a lot, but it was still there.
    Misslibby

Answer by Misslibby at 7:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• The NuvaRing will probably do most of the work. That's why it's contraindicated while nursing; it's a known supply zapper.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Nuva ring also can make babies Juandice, it says not to use in nursing because it can cause liver damage to the baby.

peperment, and cabbage leafs are the best bet.
    Anonymous