Hi Everyone! I'm new the site but have a question. I'm 31 weeks pregnant but the DR said my baby is measuring almost 35 weeks. The DR already mentioned the possiblity of c-section (which I do not want to do if I can avoid it!). Are any of you going through the same thing?

baby measuring big

aitaly35

Asked by aitaly35 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Those measurements are just an estimate. My second baby measured big and the doctor talked about c-section. It turned out she wasn't as big as he thought. I delievered her vaginally at 8 lbs. 13 oz.
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 2:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I am goin through the EXACT same thing you are hun! lol Im 31weeks n measurin anywhere from 32-34weeks! He said my baby will be bigger. Imagin how upset i was! I thought for sure that ment my baby was gunna be like obease or something! but no..if your baby is a lil bigger you'll just go sooner. And like what Cadreysmom said..its just a guess, they don't really kno for sure. If you ever wanna chat let me kno :)
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Kaden was born at 35wks and was 7lbs 14oz. They induced me b/c they were afraid of uterine rupture, but they warned me that I may have to have a C. With my 2nd, they kept saying that they weren't going to let him get over 8lbs. Well, they induced me at 37wks and Colin was 9lbs 3.3oz. Drs aren't always right, but regardless of whether or not you want a C, you have to do what's best for your baby. Good Luck :)
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I think you'll be fine. But please don't sweat a c-section if you have to have one. The important thing is that baby is healthy not how he or she arrives in the world. I had a c-section and they told me I was the calmest mommy to ever be in there. LOL It's not a big deal. Really.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• thanks guys. I feel a little better! I guess I just want to let nature take it's course...Of course, I will do whatever is best for both the baby and me. As long as they give me a little valium while the c-section is happening, I guess I'll be ok ;). And besides. Doctors don't know everything. The baby will be here when it's ready. :)
    aitaly35

Answer by aitaly35 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2008