What now?

My girl is 13, and she freaking knows she has to ask me before anyone can be invited to stay over. So, Wednesday, a woman called me to see if it is true that my daughter invited hers to sleep over here. A surprise to me, I played cool, told the lady "Of course, we'd love to have her" then chewed my kid for inviting someone I didn't know about. (Geez, I didn't even know them!) Today, the phone rings and a lady asks for directions, I give them to her, thinking I'm talking to the same mother. It's 5:45 now, and in separate cars, a total of three set of parents I have never met drop off 3 different kids. Did I plan for it? Uh, no! Do I have food for this herd? Uh, no! That little manipulator got me. Now there are 3 strangers (kids) sleeping here tonight and there have been six adults in my house I never met! I'm PO'd! I won't embarrass her in front of her friends, what's appropriate later? She can't get away with this.

LeftBrainy

Asked by LeftBrainy at 6:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• If it were me, I'd growned her from having anymore sleepovers or sleeping over at anyones house for a few weeks and tell her that was very unexceptable that she should have asked YOU before inviting ANYONE over. I'd throw in some extra chores too!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 6:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Oh my god! How can those parents just drop their daughter off to someone's house without even knowing the houselady?

That's just awful! May be you should make her write 500 words about each of her very speial sleep over friend.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yes, I agree with Angie . . ground her for a few weeks . . . her behavior was sneaky, manipulative and UNACCEPTABLE!! Tell her next time, you won't be so nice and the other mothers will know what she has done and her friends will not allowed to stay.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009