What does green poop mean?

My dd is 3 and has been having green stools since wednesday. She went a lot on wed and my DH said it was real green. She then became constipated and and I finally had to give her a pedia lax to go to the bathroom today. It was green green green! I could not believe how green it was. Once before it kind of looked likea funny color, but she had eaten a lot of blue cotton candy, so the dye made her poop a greenish color. This is different, and she has not had anything with alot of dye in it. She just started antibiotics yesterday for an upper respiratory infection as well- Zpack. Thankf for any imput! : )

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 6:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL, my kids get the same thing from fruit loops, hehehe.

They also get it from things like jell-o.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Might be different with her. but i had this problem when i didnt have enough iron, or was it too much iron?! i cant remembe right now. you might want to ask the pediatrician though. i hope she feels better soon!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Has she eaten Fruit Loops? They can do this. I have even seen blue from this cereal. If not, it could just be meds.
    Anonymous

• She did have captain crunch that has green and blue footballs in it! HaHa! That is probably it! Thanks.
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 9:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Oh yeah if my kiddos eat things that are bright colored green and blue they poop the same festive color!! I think it CAN indicate a cold or infection...but I think generally its in diarreah form for that. The number one culprit for neon green poo in our house is Maggie Moos blue ice cream! My niece poops red if she eats things that contain red number ??? some dye that she simply doesnt break down and it passes right thru!
    SometimesGrey

Answer by SometimesGrey at 10:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2009