Do you think the name Emily is too popular?

I am expecting a baby in Febrauary.I am still not sure on the sex but,if it's a girl my husband and I were thinking of Emily.What do you think?Alot of people say it is way to popular.Thanks

Asked by Rosalie28 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well if you wanna spice it up a little my friends daughters name is Emma Lee. I think its really cute and not so popular! :) Good Luck!

Answer by angieluv at 6:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Emily is my name :) of course it's not too popular!!

Answer by efmeador0709 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have a SIL named Emilie and a niece named Emily. I think it's a classy name that can't be overused. In school there was usually only 1 Emily in a class, so it's not overused.

Answer by julipickle at 6:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It is a popular name. But its one of the cutest baby girl names ever. I really like this name and i think its great that you and your hubby want to name your baby Emily.. in case its going to be a girl.

Emil is a cute boys name btw ;)

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• boys name? No.

• Yah we still need a name if it's a boy

Answer by Rosalie28 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I love that name, I also LOVE the name Emma. Who cares if it is popular or not. Its your child :)

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• its a VERY popular name. and theres nothing wrong with that.

but from someone who had a very popular name through out school (amanda) it can get VERY annoying. she will never be the only Emily! when ppl are talking about her they will have to say Emily X. (whatever your last initial is).

but its better than giving her a name that is so difficult to pronounce that she's always having to correct ppl!!

Answer by okmanders at 6:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think it is too popular, like Jennifer or Jessica was in the 70's and 80's. It has been the number 1 name every year since 1996 and in the top 20 for 21 years. This list is according to the Social Security Administration. Ultimately, the decision is yours, but you asked for opinions and this is mine.

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• yes. But if you like it , is is YOUR choice, not anyone else.
    Personally, I do not like common names as first names.

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009