I hate the fact that my man has no problem going out to a bar whenever he feels like it and gets mad when he sees that I don't like it. I end up arguing with him and telling him how I feel and he tells me that he stood home with the baby when I needed to go to work for one day!! I can't believe that he finds an excuse like this to be reason to justify him able to go. Is anyone else going through this crap?

arodriguez1979

Asked by arodriguez1979 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• No, and I wouldn't put up with it and I am at a loss as to why so many women on this site put up with these men who walk all over them and treat them like dirt? Why would you put up with a man that does this sort of thing and treats you this way?
    Anonymous

• No, my husband likes that he is allowed to go wherever, whenever he wants without me calling him and asking when he is coming home. He asks permission to go anywhere. He does this so that he know how I feel about it, to be polite and respectful, and because he would want me to do the same in return.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 6:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• you married him so you have to learn to accept who he is or divorce him. you can't change men. i'm glad that my husband asks and respects my feelings.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It is a matter of respect and possibly a drinking problem. It is sad that more men don't grow up before becoming fathers. If he had a real "daddy's heart" this wouldn't even be a question--he would prefer to be home with his family. I would suggest counseling if possible--you go first to get your mind straight on what is true respect--then see if he will go with you. You can't change him but you can change your whole view of family life and what marriage is meant to be.
    Anonymous

• It's a matter of you remembering you are not his mother. He's a grown man and can go where he pleases. Does he work? Pay the bills? Take care of you? Then what's the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think the problem Anon above is that once a man becomes a husband and father then his priorities should change and the wife and kids should come first. And if they don't, then he's a real jackass. There is more to being a man, husband and father than just bringing home a paycheck. If I had to guess, I would say that the above answer is from a man...a jackass man at that...and if it is...I feel sorry for your wife. If the answer is from a wife married to a man like the OP's man...then I feel sorry for you, my dear for you are not married to a real man...you are married to a jackass.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009