If you have wood floors, what do you use 2 keep them shiny?

Chandra_T

Asked by Chandra_T at 6:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Lemon oil works great. You have to rub it in and lightly bluff it.
    boismyson

Answer by boismyson at 10:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• murphy oil works good.
    momof3grls4517

Answer by momof3grls4517 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I use the swiffer dusting mop first then go back over it with the orange glow for floors...make sure it is for floors.

if you use the one for furniture by accident, the floors are really slippery.
    melissaDH

Answer by melissaDH at 12:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• lol, melissaDH your telling me, I did that on accident once, and nearly killed myself (doesn't help when you do it and walk across with socks, lol)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Plain warm water with white vinegar. Wring your rag or mop out until it's just damp. The vinegar is a natural cleaner and prevents water marks and streaking. Cheap and easy, it really works, and is never slippery! I've had a few near misses myself!
    midlifemom1

Answer by midlifemom1 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• wow, i gotta try that vinegar trick. I keep a spray bottle of vinegar water in the kitchen to hit the bad spots on the floor that my swiffer just doesn't pick up. We usually just clean the hardwood w/ the swiffer orange stuff, but then every few months spray it down with orange scented wood spray (the slippery stuff) then buff it out with a dry cloth. I love how the floors look but my god do I miss carpeting some days (all our floors are hardwood).
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• vinegar/water works well. also works good on ceramic tile.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have hardwood floors. I mix half Murphys oil soap with hot water then mop away.So I don't have to wait so long for the floors to dry I use a old towel and walk around with it under my feet.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009