What should I do?

Hi everyone I have a liitle problem and needed some help. I am a 20yr old mother of one (a little boy that's soon to be 4yrs old nxt week) My last AF was 10/22/08 and I had some spotting on 11/15/08 , missed that period and haven't had 1 since. I know you're thinkin pregnancy but ALL 5 tests are negative (3 being at the doctor's) if it's not pregnancy what else could it be? I have gained 9 pounds since Nov. going up from 163 to 172!! The doctor's won't do blood test so that's not an option. I have been cramping but with no period and my breasts get tender sometimes BUT if pregnant I would be 13weeks by LMP. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you, God Bless, and Lot's of BabyDust! P.S- Not really stressed out and not on birth control.

SexyDiva19

Asked by SexyDiva19 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My dr told me to consider spotting as af. So you could have ovulated the end of november begining of december. But you would be 8 or so weeks pg if you were. It should show up on a test. When was the last time you tested? Good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Sounds like you may be having annovulatory cycles which would mean no AF or very very light one's.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Go to a diff doc! You could have a disorder called PCOS (cysts) or a thyroid issue, both of which will show up on blood work. Neither are very serious but will affect your ability to conceive..if you are trying? And your ability to keep your weight stable even if you are not. Anyway, GL hun. Hope you figure it out soon.
    Mickey37

Answer by Mickey37 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Insist on a blood test. If they tell you no, go to a different doctor. A complete blood work up would either tell you if you were pregnant or if there were some other sort of problem. Generally, the policy of a doctor's office is, if you insist on a procedure (and can pay for it), then they have to do it.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 8:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• First off why the the hell wouldn't your Doctor/obgyn do a blood test to be certain???? My period was late back in October (which i was hoping I was preg), but the FIRST thing my obgyn's office said when I called was wait 2 weeks and of it still didn't come they'd do a blood test, so I have no idea why they wouldn't completely rule out pregnancy right off the bat for you. My best friend got her "period" until she was 4 months. She said they weren't even spotting they were like real periods. So everyone is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• @ duckey it was only 3 spots of blood and that's it. They won't do blood test because they say they are too expensive for one and for two a urine test is accurate enough. The last time I tested was a urine test at the E.R. on 1/9/09 and the urine test was negative again. It's the 5th test I have taken and I have been gaining weight. 8 pds since Nov.
    SexyDiva19

Answer by SexyDiva19 at 6:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2009