• In the Spotlight:

Question for New Englanders...

We're traveling through New England to New Brunswick on Thursday. Q1: How is the weather report for Connecticut on up through Maine? Do you think we'll have trouble driving on the highways? and Q2: Any cool places to stop along the way? Neat sites, photo ops, etc? I have 2 sons, ages 6&4. Its a LONG car ride for them - I'd like to make it interesting.

MrsT6102

Asked by MrsT6102 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Travel

• I'm sorry I cannot answer your weather questions, but there are weather sites that can do that for you. Just do a google search.
    If you travel north on I-95 and get to Maine, please think of me. :) That is my homestate and I miss living there very, very much, but have transplanted in VA with my husband and children.
    Kittery has a ton of outlet malls for shopping. York has a beautiful beach. Kennebunk is where the Bush's vacation and the beach is beautiful there, too. Most of the areas that I love are off the beaten path and away from tourist attractions. I was most happy in the mountains, woods, and near the lakes. Sebago lake is beautiful. I hope you stop at some quaint shops on the way and enjoy the accent. People down here always ask if I'm from Boston and I tell them I'm offended...LOL. Don't ever tell a Mainah that they sound like a Bostonian and don't ever call them a Mainiac....LOL. Enjoy your trip!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Almost forgot. If you stop in Kittery to shop, be sure to go past the outlet malls on Route 1 and on your right you will see a store called Yummies. They sell every candy imaginable, including candies from your childhood!

Also, true Mainahs say ayuh a lot - I still do. And they tend to say wicked good or wicked bad or wicked something or other - you get the idea...LOL.

Don't forget, the famed author, Stephen King, lives in Bangor! I haven't seen him since the early 80's when he did a book signing for Cujo.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Thanks! Anyone else in NE see any weather reports for this weekend, now that its closer? We decided to stay over night in Portland, Maine on Saturday.

Any other suggestions? Anywhere cool to stop on a Sunday in New Hampshire, Mass, or Connecticut?
    MrsT6102

Answer by MrsT6102 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009