does it annoy you .........

when strangers expecially those with kids of their own give you dirty looks when your kids act up in public like your not embarrassed enough kids act up sometimes they cry doesnt make me a bad mom

Have3Girls114

Asked by Have3Girls114 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh it's nuts! lol I actually had someone at the bank tell me to "get those kids under control" like I told them to act out or something. I tried to keep them from running around but everytime I turned to talk to the teller they were running off. Totally embarassed me.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yes it does but what can you do you can only go with the flow until they stop it is not like you can beat your kid infront of everyone. So alot of people just give in to the child just to buy some time of quiet anything to shut the child up. But you have to be parent to understand I guess.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yes, it does annoy me. They have no idea what may be going on in my life at that moment. They just assume I have bad kids and I'm a bad mom.

I try to give other parents a sympathetic smile when their kids have a tantrum in public, then move on with my own business.
    MrsT6102

Answer by MrsT6102 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• mrsT6102 me too or i act like i cant hear or see whats going on i know how it feels so i dont look
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Return the dirty look and then stick up your nose like you smell dudu . . . and walk away.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• LOL - something like this happened today. My son was tired and I foolishly took him to the store to get some groceries - he wanted a toy, No...let the tantrum begin. To me, no big deal...I don't care what other parents say or do because it's pretty clear I'm in control of the situation. Well, my son is getting to big and heavy for me to carry out, so I just sat him down out of the way and let him have his tantrum until he wasn't tossing and turning. An elderly lady comes around the corner on her scooter, stops, looks at my son and says, "You are a bad boy." My instant response: "No, Ma'am, he is NOT a bad boy. He is 3 1/2 and his emotions are too strong for him right now." "oh...well....I remember when I had a 3 1/2 year old.." "Yes, Ma'am - we were ALL 3 1/2 once." End of conversation...buh bye!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My daughter has never acted out in public, we taught her better than that. I'm one of those moms who give the dirty looks.
    Anonymous

• YES it does! LOL
    My son is very good most of the time but sometimes I dont knwo what gets into him that he behaves like a crazy kid in places! so embarrassing.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 1:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Heck with those people! Don't pay them one bit of attention!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• the only time I give someone a dirty look is when they swear at their kids for being bad.. that makes me soo mad... I mean yes kids act up and probably always will, its when the parents get angry and start dragging their kids around and swearing that gets me peeved.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2009