House I want to buy...

I want this awesome house and it's a forclosure going for 97k. It was going for 119k..but it's missing hvac, stove, carpet, built in microwave and light fixtures. What would you offer on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• is the 119 what it is appraised for???
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Try 90.

Answer by Bmat at 7:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm a real estate agent and my advice would be to have your agent do a compartive market analysis to see what is on the market in that specific area and what has sold within the last 2 months. Also have them call the agent and see if they can find out how low the bank will go and if the buyer's agent will allow your agent to negotiate directly with the bank. All of this is important information to have before making an offer.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am in the repossessed housing business. Offer them way less then 80K. We have thousands of repossessed homes in our city. They want to unload these houses so make a low ball offer to start with. It really depends on the other homes around the area that are foreclosed. The market analysis will help you but sometimes it does not include the problems that the current house has.

The hvac can cost over 6 grand to replace of course the bigger the house the bigger the hvac you will need so the price will go up. . A whole house of NICE carpeting not the cheap stuff can cost over 5 grand. Just take into account of all the problems that the house has and the cost to fix them. They also have loans to help with fix ups on repossessed homes.

Find a realtor that can help you. Make sure to talk to more than one realtor You can find the one that fits your needs and the one that willwork best for you.
    boismyson

Answer by boismyson at 10:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009