is it true

is it true that babies that have hispanic in them have a better chance of coming out with hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no....
    Anonymous

• Not that I'm aware of.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i think any babies of color tend to have more hair im arabic and my babies came out with a ton of hair and most of my realatives too my daughters need hair cuts by 9 months old it looks like there wearing wigs
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Honestly it depends on the family. Usually people of Hispanic decent have fuller thicker hair so more often than not the babies do have hair when they are born.
    Anonymous

• Yes, hispanic babies tend to have more hair
    Anonymous

• I've had 3 babies with lots of hair. I'm just plain old caucasian. I was surprised. I teach mainly Hispanic children and see lots of their siblings--with and w/o hair. I think it is the mom and dad's DNA more than culturally based. But, you'll know when the baby is born. :)

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Depends more on the genes. American Indian children tend to have a lot of hair too. so do those of middle eastern decent. It is not just Hispanic because I've seen some bald Hispanic newborns too. Generally speaking parents who have thick dark hair produce kids with thick dark hair. My son was born needing a hair cut because both me and his father have thick dark hair. I'm a mix of Italian, Irish, and a little American Indian. Dad is Irish and American Indian.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Wow really? Why bother even writing anything in the answer box if you have NOTHING productive to say??? Maybe she would like to know because she heard that babies with hair can give you heartburn? Either way, I think it depends on your genes. Both my boys had hair when they were born, but we're all white as the day is long lol. You just kinda have to wait til the baby is born :)
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• thats a funny question....lol my youngest boy had lots of hair and im white so did my neices.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I don't know the facts....My daughter is half hispanic and she came out with a cute little mohawk LOL.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2009