am i really lonely?

i have been single for a while now its starting to bother me alot i dont know wat to do im so use to being alone so now im starting to feel like i am getting desperate when i talk to certain guys a big part of me just wants to be loved again real love the bible says seek and u shall find and when u look u get the wrong thing so do i just lay back and pretend that im not lonely and it doesnt bother me or do i go out and date i find that i expect to much from guys maybe thats why i am lonely it seems as though my lonliness is killing me wat do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I was once told that harder I look the worse it will be. And to just lay back hang with my friends and the right guy will find me. Pretty much how I found my baby cakes. I just stopped trying and waited to see what came my say. I'm sorry that you are lonely. I hope that you can find happiness soon.

I have a friend that is a super sweet guy, a little on the nerdy part and he would love nothing more then to find a girlfriend but he just tires so hard that I could hit him sometimes with what he says! I always tell him to just be your self and stop trying!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 7:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am so sorry that you are feeling so lonely. I felt like this when I was in university, and I really had to keep active to keep the feeling away. I made some friends and went around with them, but in the evening when I'd get home there were pangs of loneliness. Don't give in to desperation, you'll regret it later. When in doubt, DON'T. Turn your mind to other interests, if you are between interests right now, find some new ones, explore hobbies, or volunteer work is great, help at a soup kitchen, or a museum or food pantry, or at the library or hospital. I had a similar experience as the abover poster, I gave up on the dating scene, met a guy at work that I enjoyed hanging around with as a friend, and we fell in love. But first we were best friends, then we fell in love and married.

Answer by Bmat at 7:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i was for 12 yrs and i found that when you don't try as hard you get more men available to you. i would try online dating. when your online it doesn't seem as desperate. you can weed out the guys you don't like and you date a lot so you don't get lonely as much. it could take yrs to find mr right but you could find mr right now even if that means just for dinner, a weekend or the next few months until you find something better. that way after meeting a few different types of men you know more of what you want and need. if you don't find your one and only online you've prepped yourself to for one that isn't online. it worked great for me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm with Melody77. I prefer the online dating to screen men. I have control that way, too. It works for me. Meeting men in real life makes me nervous but if I can get to know them online first it makes it easier for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• If you live in a community of any size you can look for a church with a singles group. You can still attend your home church, just go to the singles group on Wednesday or Saturday or whatever and you 'll find single Christian men. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009