shih tzu or maltese?

which do you prefer? how much would you pay for one? there isn't much difference between the 2 accept for the maltese is all white.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pets

• The temperments are the thing you have to worry about. They are different for sure,and If you have children do the reading up on the breeds to see whitch one is best suited for your family. They both have to be groomed, and can be high maintence. Ck them out...
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 7:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I personally love yorkies. i would pay up to 1200 for one. But i hear the maltese is just like a yorkie. so i'd pick that one. although you have to keep them really clean or they stain by t heir eyes and ears and paws (maltese)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• neither. we are a big dog family
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have a malshih! He is a maltese shit zuh mix. He's really smart and wasnt to hard to train like some dogs ive had. Ive read you just cant let either breed develop small dog syndrome where the dog thinks he becomes the "human pack leader". I think that basically means train them well and dont let them be boss. My MIL has our dogs sister and she growls and barks at people but she never gets on to her and I think its wrong but Good luck on your choice and I hope that this has helped. O and we payed like 250$ for him. He was definaltley worth it:)
    Anonymous

• rotti all the way!! hahaha wasnt an option, but whatever!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• HAHA I agree with the last one Rotti all the way!!! But if I had to choose I'd say shih tsu. They come in cuter colors.
    crazyfilly

Answer by crazyfilly at 1:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Schitzu Definitly!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have a maltese-shitzu mix and she is an awesome dog. She has the best of each breed, very smart and trainable however you can't break the consistency with the training ever. But she is sweet and I love her. I think you would really like one.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my hubby bought me a Shih Tzu paid $150.00.
    she is black and white with blue eyes.
    anyone have any tips on how to train a puppy?
    she is a full blooded Shih tzu.
    PupAmerikas2008

Answer by PupAmerikas2008 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009