C SECTION QUESTION!!!!!!! :)

IF you had a c section do you have to have another one? My friend told me that I have to have a c section again.. I hope not...

Abbysmom08820

Asked by Abbysmom08820 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It all depends on what kind of incision was made in your uterus the first time. If it was vertical then you will always have a C Section for future pregnancies. If it was horizontal you can have a VBAC normally.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Not necessarily. You could have a VBAC which is a vaginal birth after c-section. Talk with your Dr. to see if you'd be a good candidate for this.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• you dont have to, but its very common that the 2nd pregnancy will end with a c-section as well.

it always depends on how good your scar healed from the out- and especially from the inside.

The pressure that will push on the scar while in labor and when giving birth is so hard that it could rip. So if the scar isnt healed right, then you are in trouble. Thats why they will def. make an ultrasound over and over again when you give normal birth (after you had a c-section already).

Thats what the OB told me in the hospital when i had my check-up a few days after our DD was born.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Join the VBAC moms group on here. There are a lot of well informed ladies in there and they can answer some of your questions. There are a lot of factors that determine if you could or should try for a VBAC including the reason for you c-section. The best thing I can tell you is do your research and decide what is best for you and your baby. I had my second son via c-section and I highly regret it and consider it an unnecessary section. Not saying all of them are but mine truly was. I plan on at least attempting a VBAC whenever I decide to have another child.
    iluvmyboys2008

Answer by iluvmyboys2008 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i had a c-section with my first child he is now 2
    my docotor told me that this one i was have to have a c-section agin
    kmanville

Answer by kmanville at 8:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It depends on your doc. Some docs will not do VBAC and some will.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 8:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It is not dangerous if you you don't have any conditions such as preeclampsia. The chances of tearing your scar if you go natural are less than one percent. It is much more dangerous to get a repeat C section. Many doctors won't do this because it's much more convenient to schedule a C section and they get a nice pay day. I am having a VBAC in July with a midwife. I 2nd joining the VBAC group. Another good one is natural pregnancy and birth. There are a ton of resources including medical journals and articles to refer to.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• yes, no choice for me, having another csection...plus, i don't want to risk it doing a vbac
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm planning to have a VBAC, but we'll be in the hospital again, just in case it doesn't work out. Look into the laws in your state, as well as the policies of your hospital, and the practices of your OB. Mine is very flexible, and supportive of a VBAC when the time comes (my son is only 5 months). There is a minor chance (2%) of your incision tearing during a vaginal birth, which is the argument docs use to get you to have another c-section. There has been a decline in VBACs lately, which is sad for those of us who really want to have a vaginal birth. Do some research if it's important to you, and again, talk to your doc, and if you have to, find one who supports your decision. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2009