Am I right or is the cop?

I was driving down the street and saw a cop pulling out to get on the street I was in the right lane he was getting on the middle lane as he creeped up to the middle with his lights on (obviously he was going to pull someone over) at the light it was red.
So I slowed down to let him through but the corner of his car was slightly sticking out and I had room to go through no one was in front of me so I tried to go when all of a sudden he decides to get on to my lane I just slammed on my brakes and stopped he looked at me like what the hell are you doing he got out and directed me to follow him :( I was oh shit I don't want to get a ticket (who does right). Any all was ok but who was right or did he just feel stupid. (???????)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cops are above the law . . as soon as we realize that, we'll all be better off. One time, my friend and I, were driving on the highway and this cop goes FLYING BY. Meanwhile, he didnt have his lights on, so we decided if he can go that fast without his emergency lights, well then, so can we and we followed right behind him!!! Needless to say, he pulled us over and yelled at us . . . BUT said he had somewhere pressing to go and no time to deal with us . . . hehehheheheh . . . He knew we were right!! Buy the majority of the time, they probably would have pulled us out of the car and assaulted us . . . so just be glad that you walked away, ticket FREE!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• You always yield for an officer. If you see lights you are supposed to move to the right. If they pull someone over to the right you are supposed to go in the lane next to them (middle lane or far left lane). You can't expect him to pull someone over in the middle lane, of course he's going to move to the right so no you should not have gone through..you should have let him finish pulling to the right.
    Anonymous

• If a police officer has his lights on, you have to pull over to the side and completely stop your car until they pass.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Always agree with the cop. He was wrong, but he was still right.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• "If a police officer has his lights on, you have to pull over to the side and completely stop your car until they pass."
    hpibsonorc is correct on her answer.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2009