• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know any books that are as good as Twilight?

Not nessarily vampire books, but as good romance wise. Like with the words. Something that justsuck you in and you can't put it down, and makes you fall in love with the characters? I have read the Sookie Stackhouse series, and I liked it, but not as much. Does anyone know aything as good as Twilight romance wise?

MommytoNandA

Asked by MommytoNandA at 7:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Entertainment

• I am Twilight obsessed as well. Before Twilight I was obsessed with The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. There is also a prequel and a sequel.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 7:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Trippyhippy, there are several books in the Mists of Avalon setting, 5 or 6 I think.
    OP - are you looking for something vampire related? Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series is really good if you don't mind something significantly more adult.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 10:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Why not read "The Host" by the same author as the "Twilight" series?
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you just want romance...The Notebook or Nights in Rodanthe. Anything by Nicholas Sparks.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• A lil off topic but i really really enjoyed The Uglies,The pretties and Specials. I normally dont care for books like that but its they are really really good. Also I love Ellen Hopkins her books are great also

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you like Vampire novels then you must read The Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice. I loved the Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. If you read that and like it you will probably like her other books as well.
    ljonz67

Answer by ljonz67 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• "Trippyhippy, there are several books in the Mists of Avalon setting, 5 or 6 I think."

I think it is 4 total and the last one had to be finished by her assistant because she died.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• actually there are 6 books in the Avalon set by Marion Zimmer Bradley and they are all fabulous even the ones written not solely by her.

Mists of Avalon
    The Forest House
    Lady of Avalon
    Priestess of Avalon
    Ancestors of Avalon
    Ravens of Avalon

i also recommend anything by Laurell K Hamilton, Kelley Armstrong, Kim Harrison, and Kresley Cole if you are looking for paranormal romances they are at the top of the heap in my opinion
    mboojum13

Answer by mboojum13 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Never even heard of the last two. Where they put out after her death? I never looked to see if anything else got released after the fourth one was released because she was dead. I am totall going to go buy those two today. You will apreciate this, My DH asked me to marry him at the top of the Tor in Glastobury, England (Avalon). It was the perfect spot.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 4:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Try Melissa De La Cruz's series - BlueBloods
    gingersnot

Answer by gingersnot at 5:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009