To All the moms...

who have had a period during pregnancy, did it feel like a regular period? I am a week late and I have been feeling cramps like I am going to get my period for almost 10 days now. I can usually tell exactly when I am going to start by the way my cramps feel.

If you had a period after conceiving, did it feel normal?

hotmama404

Asked by hotmama404 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my period in my last pregnancy and it just was a much shorter period, for just a day compared to almost a week. Did you do a test?
    Anonymous

• I had a period with my first pregnancy. My cramps were HORRIBLE, I remember I was in the bathroom with extreme diareah (TMI i know*) I thought that I was dying... no joke... I was soo sick.. but maybe thats just me! I didn't know what was going on with me... But as soon as I found out I was pregnant everything made complete sense! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I understand that the period would be shorter, but I was wondering about right up to the bleeding. Did you feel like it was coming or did you just happen to bleed one day?

I actually won't be able to afford a test until next week. Hard times ya know?
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I didn't have my period but I did have cramping around the time I was suppose to have my period. I remember talking to my SIL and telling her that my cramps were really bad. She asked me if I was on my period and I told her no but I was suppose to start soon. She told me I was pregnant. I didn't believe her but after a few days and still no period, I took a test and it was postitive.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I never suspected I was pregannt with my first because I was gettign all the cramps like if I were to start my period and just kept waiting for it but it never came I went to the doctors and I was pregnant. You might be pregnant. I wish you the best. Go to a clinic that has free test. Start taking care of yourself now just in case and also. You can always go to the dollar store to get a test my last two pregnancy test have been from the dollar store and they were both accurate on the response.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2009