Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i do when my daughter's father's boss says he has laid him off but is paying him under table, which affects my puny $127 a month child support?

he just told me he is still working and is collecting unemployment, also he has recently got married, any advice for me?

Answer Question

Asked by sparkleeyes247 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • He has to go to court to have the payments stopped, the court order still stands. Take all evidence to court with you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • Report him to Unemployment.

    Answer by EireLass at 8:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • report him and his boss to the irs and contact the uib office. also before they modify child support it has to go back to court.let the judge know the information that you know and let the ncp face the music. in my state we collect up to 50% from unemployment. good luck

    Answer by maemaesmom at 8:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • well I would turn him into unemployment. Tell them he is working under the table at the same job he got "laid off" at..

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • Find out what you need do to subpoena his bank account. If he's putting it in the bank his deposit history will be a dead giveaway.

    Answer by desert_diva at 8:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • I Would Try To Get Evidence From His Boss Or Whatever Then Report Them To Unemployment, The IRS, The Court And The BBB

    Answer by Kari_Noelle at 12:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Report him but be prepared when he is actually fired and has no unemployment and he does not pay you a dime. What he is doing is wrong and he should be reported. In doing the right thing you probably will lose the little support he is sending.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Go ahead and turn him in. Then you will get more then him into trouble. He will end up in jail. And then your puny $127 a month will turn into nothing because he's in jail. And when he gets out no one will hire him because of what you've done.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Turn them in annonymously.

    Answer by happi-ladi at 9:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.