Playtime... help?

My 8 month old son is getting bored with his toys, and its hard to keep him occupied. The only thing that can keep his attention is his baby einstein videos. I don't like him to watch tv much but usually its the only thing that will keep him from crying. i end up letting him watch his videos a couple times a day and i know thats not good at all... i've been trying to teach him how to clap his hands and teach him about his body parts, but he just won't stay focused. is this normal? and does anyone have any tips or anything to get him to pay attention?
He can already say mama, dada, baba, num (means hes hungry), and ball and i think thats pretty normal for his age, but i dont want him to watch videos because i dont want it to affect his learning process.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's difficult for babies to pay attention. I find it facinating that he can say all those words already. It's a bit early for him to talk. Though all babies develop in their own time.

There is plenty of time to teach him things. And I wouldn't worry about his watching the Baby Einstein videos. They are educational for babies. Mine used to LOVE them. They didn't turn my kids into couch potatoes.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am having the same problem..lol..and my baby is only 6 months..The thing that he likes to watch is baby genious favorite sing-a-long songs! I usually find that if i dance with him, walk him, constantly switch toys...then i put him in his swing for a couple min. so i can rest..lol...Joy's of having an active baby.
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my daughter was the same way. she would only calm down if she is watching her playhouse disney shows. so finally i started giving her hard back baby books. those would keep her occupied for a while. I finally put her into daycare and she has learned how to clap and other things
    sweetheart254

Answer by sweetheart254 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009