Potty Training...?

Sometimes they'll want to go and sometimes they just don't fee like it. My girl will sit on her potty for 30 minutes sometimes without doing anything. My boy will sit, go, and be done with it until he decides if he wants to do it again later. They just don't know if they want to really potty or not all the time. What should I do?

Jaxsmommy05

Asked by Jaxsmommy05 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Potty training this early isn't easy. I believe to wait til the child can tell you when she needs to go. Around 3ish is when I start potty training.
    darkpoetess

Answer by darkpoetess at 9:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• When I first starting potty training my oldest, he would sometimes go and sit for a while, then not go, sometimes go right away. I would just let him do what he felt he needed to in the beginning. If he wanted to sit on the potty for a while, I'd let him because I figured he was just getting used to the idea. I never tried to force him though. If he didn't end up going, I would just tell him 'maybe next time' and that would be it. I'd just let them go at their own pace for the time being. Good luck!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009