Do you feel pride in your country?

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm proud of my country.

I'm not always proud of its people.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I used to be. I was even in the military because I wanted to give back. However I don't like a lot of the things my country has done. I think it's failing. Though there has been some good things done, there is so much that's going wrong.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• im very happy i live here and no where else but i wouldnt say i feel the pride or anything like that.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• not yet, but hopefully soon.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Im german, and there is nothing to be proud for in my country. Except the good health insurance system. but other than that i dont think anybody can be proud of their country. There are so many bad things going on in all the countries of this world, so no reason to be proud of anything.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• OP you didn't answer your own question.
    Anonymous

• I'll clarify what I mean, lmao.

I'm proud of what the USA originally stood for. Equality for all, no religious persecution, equal rights, blah blah etc etc. I absolutely do not like what it has become. It is the way it is because of its people. Therefore, I am proud of what my country was founded on, but I'm not proud of what its citizens have turned it into.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• caitxrawks.......... I'm proud of what the USA originally stood for. Equality for all, no religious persecution, equal rights,

YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• Anon 8:40-I wanted to see what everyone would say without being influenced by what I said. Why are you posting anonymously?
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm proud of what the USA originally stood for. Equality for all, no religious persecution, equal rights, blah blah etc etc. I absolutely do not like what it has become.

That was NOT the Founding Fathers intent. At ALL. Every right has been fought for and won becuase people knew that if things were bad, they could get better. And they did, and they are, and they forever will be.

America is a work in progress and I bleed red, white & blue. We are so young and so diverse - there is no other country that has our vitality, our resources, our intelligence, our ability to find the funny.....

Do not ever make me go back to 1776, 1865, 1906 or 1920. I like being an American in 2009. I am more excited that my children will be Americans in 2059.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009