bare escentuals?

ive been thinking about trying mineral makeup. can anyone tell me if the stuff really works? i have horriable under eye bags and im skeptical as to if it will cover them up, regular foundation somewhat does the trick but i'm looking for something lighter.

madelyns_mom08

Asked by madelyns_mom08 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Do you have an Ulta within driving distance? I would recommend "try before you buy" as mineral makeup can be very tricky.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• they sell bare minerals at sephoras as well.. you can have someone there test the make on your skin so youcan see what it looks like and get the one that matches your skin. surprisingly i had been buying the wrong one...

i think its totally worth it and ill NEVER go back to any other make up. i also use their eye brow stuff, blush, warmth, and all their eye shadows.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• LOVE bare minerals...you have so much control over coverage! Go for it...just make sure you have a professional help you pick your shade.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I really loved bare minerals look - but I have to be honest - I *hated* dealing with the loose powders. My kids got into them, they were messy, it stained my carpet :( Huge pain in the..... anyway, I recently read Allure's awards and saw that Pur Minerals is mineral make-up but in a compact. I *love* it. Love, love, love. I have horrible deep set eyes and dark circles and it covers them beautifully. Their "base" is a 4 in 1 - concealer, foundation, spf 15, and powder in one. I think Ulta has Pur Minerals too -- definitely try the two out and see what works for you!  I am not a huge make up fan, I don't like to feel like I am painted or wearing a mask.  I like the finished look  these give because its still *me* -- only better ;)

Here's Pur Minerals website

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• not bad but way too expensive, they have a mineral makeup from revlon colorstay that works better in the stores for lot less, dont do the one on tv i tried that it was horrible!!!! it cakes into every poor and makes you look terrible and the other makup that comes with it wipes right off dont last an hour, sheer cover i think it was called i returned that it was nasty.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i use it daily and am a cosmetology major..i love it and couldnt imagine going back 2 anything else..the eye shadows go on nice and stay...the eye makeup remover takes it right off though so you dont have to worry about it staining your skin..it is a little pricey but very worth the investment...a little goes a long way
    avasmom09

Answer by avasmom09 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I use it and will never go back! Yes you spend a little more...but it last a lot longer!
    mythic28faerie

Answer by mythic28faerie at 11:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Another BE convert here!! Love this makeup. I was NEVER go back to liquid makeup. I have fairly dark circles, and as long as you use the concealer brushes, and pre-conceal, it'll do a really good job of covering them.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 2:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have rosacea. I've used BE and the Maybelline mineral base and cover up. The Maybelline stuff covers better and looks more natural and only uses a fraction of the powder that the BE stuff needs (which makes the BE exponentially more expensive). If you already have perfect skin maybe worth it, but if you have anything to even out or cover, save your time and the money and get the maybelline instead.
    Anonymous

• I can't figure out how to use mineral make-up, but I want to.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009