heeeeelllllp

okay i just found out i was pregnant i want one more beer and one more cigarrett. its all i have been thinkg about i have always quit everything as soon as i foung out but this is early for me. hellllllllppppp what so i do? i found out on monday and didnt smoke or drink so far this week but its saturday it my be selfish whatever think what you want i am sooo excited about this pregnancy dont get me wrong...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations on your pregnancy and please enjoy a beer (my treat) in late October.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Don't do it. Make it the first act of love for your baby to not take the chance.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't drink or smoke if you can help it. It's not worth it. I think they say that a glass of wine here or there is OK (so long as it's not all the time or every day) but even that I wouldn't chance.

When you get the urge just picture your baby being born healthy because you made the right decisions. The first trimester is the most crucial.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Okay, so throw stones at me....but...I smoked all through my second pregnancy (last one) and my son was a healthy 10pd boy and is a healthy 15yr old teenager now. BUT (disclaimer) there are health risks to your unborn fetus and could cause major problems. I would say it's a crap shoot as to whether or not there might be problems. Like I said, I smoked (didn't drink) and all was fine.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• why risk it though?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'd say that it would be very selfish to have either. However, I think that you've probably already made up your mind and nothing we say is going to sway you either way. I think you're looking for validation, not help.
    Anonymous

• I smoked throughout my first trimester b/c I didnt find out until I was 10 wks, I drank a pretty good amount during those 10 weeks and I delivered a healthy 8lb baby girl...to each his own
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• If you havent smoked or drank all week...........why quit now?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• why take a chance with your babies life over something that stupid
    Anonymous