New tennis shoes, will they stretch out?

So i finally got a new pair of tennis shoes. I have wore my others for YEARS. LOL
anyways, my new ones feel snug around the toes. Will they stretch out a little bit? I guess i am just so use to my old ones being so worn. They are the right size, it is just they seem to be more pointed that my old ones and seem very snugish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• If they have a leather upper, leather does stretch out. You can spray them with some water and put newspaper down the toes and keep shoving in lots of newspaper. As they dry the newspaper should hold them to the larger size. You have to keep putting in more newspaper so they don't shrink.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2012

• They might stretch a little, especially if they are made out of leather on top like the previous poster said.

Some shoes stores might also stretch them for you (they're all equipped with shoe stretches in the back somewhere).
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2012

• if it's a tennis shoe then I assume you mean it's a leather upper (vs a running shoe which is mostly nylon).... the leather will stretch over time, but only a slight bit with normal wear... do what PP said with the water & newspaper and it will help stretch them out a bit.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• There are something like 500 ways to lace a shoe and they are all for different reasons. I lace my running shoes different than my hiking shoes and I even lace my hiking shoes different for when I am climbing up a mountain than when I am going down.

Here's a web-site that you can try a few lacing techniques. If I were you, I wouldn't wait for the shoe to stretch, I would lace differently. Maybe try the "Narrow Heel, Wide Forefoot" to give your toe box more space.
    http://walking.about.com/cs/shoecare/l/aa120600b.htm
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Nope.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2012

• I wouldn't count on too much stretching. You may need to go up half a size. Our feet do change, even if our weight doesn't. You ought to try going to a running store or other specialty store and get fitted for the proper shoes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2012

• They will probably strach out a little but not too much.
    dragonfly750

Answer by dragonfly750 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2012

• Nope.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2012