What was you most scared/nervous of?

What where you most nervous about labor and delivery.
Im most scared of just not knowing what to expect and the epidural because I have a bad scar where that long scary needle goes from a surgery. Im so excited about meeting my son but terrifies about that needle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im just nervous for when the time comes! knowing she will be here and ill finally see my little girl :) im packing my bags right now so they are ready, and i could easily cry because im realizing she can be here at any time and im just so excited and nervous all together!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Have a focus object during the epidural. I was terrified of it and it was nothing at all, really. I just focused on my breathing and on hugging the pillow lmao.

I was scared that I would have to have a c-section. Turned out just fine, I had a 13.5 hour labor and delivered my daughter vaginally with the help of forceps.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yeah I was afraid of the needle, both times. But I really didn't even feel it.
    Anonymous

• this is my first so the whole experience scares me i never know what to expect day to day
    robsgirl692

Answer by robsgirl692 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I am scared because I am having my first c section and this is my fourth child. As far as the Epidural its nothing. They numb it so you don't feel a thing.
    Mommyofthree691

Answer by Mommyofthree691 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• The only thing I am afraid of is a still birth. The pain doesn't scare me. I am going to go natural because I know all the pain will give me a baby at the end. I'm just terrified of something being wrong with my son.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My biggest fear was the epidural needle too. I went in swearing to myself that I wasnt going to have it, but after about 18 hours of labor pains and only another 1/2 a cm dilation, I was SOOO ready for that damn thing! And honestly, I didnt even feel it. I told the anastesiologist, that if I knew it was going to make me feel THAT good, I would have asked for him first! Next time, I wont wait so long. Id rather save my energy to visit with my new baby than waste it sleeping because I wore myself out! Good Luck and Congrats!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I've pregnant with twins and the team of doctors that are working with me have already told me that I would have to have a c-section. I'm really scared of that. I've had 2 vaginal births and recovered fairly quickly and now theres gonna be twins and i'm gonan need alot of rest and recovery because of the c-section.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2009